Tuesday, March 15, 2016

10 Things + 2 Truths and a Lie

Good morning, friends! Today I'm linking up with Karli for 10 on Tuesday. I decided to give y'all 10 random facts about me since I am still new to this blogging world. And, my posts yesterday didn't go-live yesterday like they should have so there are 3 posts today. 

10 Random Facts About Me

1. I am deathly afraid of spiders. Yes, a lot of people are, but this is serious. I will cry and freak out the instant I see them. I'm not sure why because I grew up in the country - I basically shared a home with spiders! Ugh. They just creep me out. 

2. I have always, always been a good girl. I never got in trouble growing up and not once did I get in trouble in school. Senior skip day - nope I stayed. I was never late to class and graduated in the top % of my class with a 4.0 GPA. I also could have graduated high school 1.5 years early but didn't because of my friends.

3. Because of #2, I took advanced classes and, with the help of all my sports related injuries, I decided I wanted to be an orthopedic surgeon. During my senior year I was taking an A&P class where I had to shadow a doctor and I passed out watching an ACL surgery. I tried to stick to pre-med after that but ultimately decided it wasn't for me. That led me to wanting to be the next Erin Andrews which still hasn't happened. 

4. I played soccer for 12 years. I quit after transferring high schools because instead of playing with the same girls I had been for 6 years (club team), I would be playing against them. I regretted that decision my entire junior and senior year. 

5. I laugh in awkward situations. Most of the time laughing isn't normal to those certain situations. Sometimes I really just can't help it. 

6. My middle name is Nichole and most of my family never called me Leah - I went by Nikki. It wasn't until I started this thing called adulting that I became Leah. Some people still do call me Nichole but Nikki is now gone. It really through me off when my Barney (grandma) called me Leah for the first time. 

7. I'm allergic to laundry detergent. I haven't always been but just randomly one day my entire body broke out in these tiny red bumps. It took a few weeks to put it all together and I had to re-wash everything I owned with All Free and Clear! I never could borrow clothes from a friend without washing them first and if anybody borrowed anything from me I would always just ask them to return it without washing. 

8. The Wedding Planner is my all time favorite movie. I know every single word and my absolute favorite part is when Steve goes to Mary's apartment after they've been picking out flowers and statues - "...but I do know the curves of your face and every fleck of gold in your eyes..." lol so romantic but terrible timing! 

9. Tate and I met in high school but I didn't want a whole lot to do with him. I was really good friends with his brother and Tate was the quarterback so I just assumed he was bad news. He would always tell my sister to set us up but his brother always stepped in and said no. We secretly dated off and on after high school but never were anything official until after he graduated college and moved back home. 

10. Growing up we would always have fake names when we went anywhere  or "played school". Did anybody else do that or were we just weird like that? Anyways, Brylee was always my 'fake' name and one day I knew I'd have a daughter and that would be her name. :) Oddly enough, that was the first name I mentioned to Tate but he shut it down. After months of debate one night he said "what do you think of the name Brylee?" He claims I never brought it up first but my aunt has the old "school" papers to prove it! Ha!

Thanks Karli for this great link up, but I'm not quite finished! :)

A few weeks ago I saw Christina from Carolina Charm do 2 Truths and a Lie and I loved it. So, here it goes. 

True or False - I broke my nose and never got it fixed. 

True or False - I have a scar from a penny.

True or False - I broke my ankle 3 times in the same spot. 

You'll have to check back tomorrow to find out the answer. :)



 photo 023121a3-c9ee-42b0-969c-2ef3846325a5_zps5i71ilkt.jpg

3 comments :

  1. Omg, The Wedding Planner. Girl. I'm with you. When I was younger I used to watch it all the time and I became obsessed with the montage scene when JLo comes home and goes through her little night routine. I wanted a tiny hook for my keys, I wanted to use cloth napkins when I ate by myself and watch Antiques Roadshow. Oh lord haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AH! We have a lot in common!! Specifically when it comes to being allergic to laundry detergent! My hubby just recently bought (on accident) a scented one & wouldn't ya know it..I broke out in this weird red bumpy rash all over my torso! Put 2 and 2 together and thats the only thing that was new! I had to rewash like all my stuff in free and clear again! I also used to play soccer growing up-but ended up quitting right before my senior year..silly move. Loved getting to learn some more about you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad I found your blog, Leah! Your random facts were so fun to read! And don't worry- I was the biggest goodie good growing up as well! Also, I think your lie is that you broke your ankle 3 times and never got it fixed! Am I right!??!

    Xox Dana Ivy // www.iadorewhatilove.com

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Get Polished