Monday, May 2, 2016

Late Weekending: The Giraffe Edition

Happy Monday, friends! This weekend came and went entirely too fast. And how in the world is it already May?? It's like I blinked and April was gone. I have a feeling this summer is going to fly by. We have so much planned and, looking at the calendar, only have about 3 free weekends until football season starts! Bring on weddings and showers and birthday parties and 7 on 7 football - whew! Summer 2016 - we are ready for you!

Now, I won't bore you with my weekend because it really only consisted of softball, the dog groomer and a trip to the grocery store, but I never got around to recapping our day at the zoo.  For about the last 2518 days few weeks Brylee has been bugging me about going to the zoo. They did the letter Z in school that week - think zoo and zebra everything - and has really wanted to go. We finally had a weekend of great weather and my sister came down so we figured it was the perfect time to go.

First we met up with some of my family for lunch and took some pictures with my favorite blondies before headed off to the zoo!



Is there anything cuter than 3 year old besties? No. The answer is no.


I love that our kids will grow up as close as we did. There's no better friend that a sister/cousin!



Haha ironically this picture was taken before we went into the zoo but it pretty much sums up how we all felt after!


Spring time so lots of babies!




I mentioned to B that she could feed the giraffes once we got there so that's all she talked about and wanted to do. The day we went also happened to be the grand opening of the new giraffe exhibit (which I did not know) and the amount of people were insane. We've been going to that zoo at least once a year for the past, oh 15 years (give or take a few), and I've never seen that many people there! We did have fun feeding Jamie though. Brylee said it was 'the absolute best time I've had my whole life'. Yup all 3 years of it. :)




This is our 'picture spot'. This year....



last year....



.. and a few years back when there was just one babe! See, our spot! I'm sure I could dig up pictures from 15 years ago and there would be some right there on that lookout!



I may or may not have bribed them all with fish food (for the fish, not themselves!)



We finished our day with scow cones. Yay for snow cone season! 99% of the time I get pickle juice (go ahead and judge, I've excepted it by now) and Brylee got princess, of course! It was bubblegum and coconut but colored purple and it was super sweet!

They just make me really happy. :) What's your favorite snow cone flavor?

Linking up with Biana.

Also, don't forget the new link up goes live tomorrow! We all want that motivation and accountability to get and stay healthy! Ashley, Sarah and I would love for you to join us to Sweat It Out!

Girl Talk

 photo 023121a3-c9ee-42b0-969c-2ef3846325a5_zps5i71ilkt.jpg

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished