Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Weekending | Super Bowl and 2 Recipes

Happy Tuesday! These past two days have been rough! I have had zero motivation to do anything. We didn't really do a whole lot over the weekend but gosh I feel drained.



Any-who, I have a quick Weekending recap and, because my weekend wasn't really anything noteworthy, I have two delicious recipes for you!

On Friday I missed another basketball game because I spent too much time running some errands (thanks Target)! My aunt offered to keep Brylee so I browsed a bit more than I normally would have and lost track of time. Saturday B and I didn't get out of our PJ's until after lunch and it was glorious! We played, baked, gave the dogs a bath and waitied for Tate to get home so we could go eat dinner. On Sunday we had a small lunch just the 3 of us, watched movies, then got ready for the Super Bowl. We went to some friends of ours house. I can't say I was totally impressed with the game, I would have liked the halftime if it were only Bruno, and I can't think of a commercial that stood out. In fact, the only one I can really remember is the Steven Tyler skittles one. But the Broncos won (yay!) and I'm just waiting on Peyton to announce his retirement now. And PSA.. this was not his first super bowl win. I've seen soooo many posts - facebook, twitter, blogs, anything - about this being his first win. No. It's his second. His first was Super Bowl 41 back in 2007 against Chicago when he was still with the Colts. End rant. We did have some other entertainment for the night. Brylee would have done this all night!



Now, for those recipes. It's nothing extraordinary, just really good. They're super simple and guaranteed to be a crowd-pleaser. I always take them when we go to a get-together (as I did for the Super Bowl) and I never have any left.

Sweet Bacon Wrapped Smokies


Ingredients:
- 1 package of little smokies 
- 1/2 package turkey bacon
- 1 cup brown sugar
- honey (optional)

Preheat oven to 400. 
Line cake pan with foil and spray with pam. (easy clean up).
Cut strips of bacon in half. For a small package I only use half the package of bacon but this recipe is so easy to double if you buy the larger package of smokies.  
Wrap each smokie in bacon, secure with a toothpick and place in pan.
When they are all wrapped, sprinkle brown sugar over the top and drizzle a bit of honey. I don't always add the honey, but sometimes I like to add extra sweetness. 
Bake for 25 minutes, let cool for about 5 minutes, then transfer to serving dish and you're good to go. 

**You can use regular bacon, I just prefer turkey because it doesn't get as greasy.

7 Layer Dip


Ingredients:
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 can refried beans
- quacamole
- 8 oz sour cream
- 1 can rotel
- 1 cup mexican blended cheese
- 1 can black olives (drained)

In medium skillet brown ground beef -  add seasoning if desired (I use fajita).
Meanwhile, cook beans and make quacamole (unless you're using premade, which totally works too)!
Once the beans and ground beef are cooked it's time to layer.
I listed the ingredients in order to layer but it goes like this: beef, beans, quac, sour cream, rotel, cheese, olives. Make sure you spread each layer out and drain your black olives.
So good!
Preferred to dip with Julio's Chips. :)

 Easy peasy lemon squeezy (as Brylee says)! And notice I used disposable containers for both - easy clean up. :) Enjoy these at your next gathering!

Linking up with Biana


 
 photo 023121a3-c9ee-42b0-969c-2ef3846325a5_zps5i71ilkt.jpg

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished