Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Show and Tell Tuesdays | Pinterest

Happy Tuesday! I totally didn't mean to get away from the blog for that little bit but I got caught up in a book and any free time I had went to finishing it. It was The Husbands Secret by Liane Moriarty and friends, I loved it! I'm waiting to recap my books when I have more than two to share but so far they've both been great!



Now, on to Show and Tell Tuesdays. Twice a month Andrea hosts this link up and today's topic is all things Pinterest! I remember when I first heard of Pinterest. I was sitting at my cousin's house (hi Amber!) and she was telling me about this really cool app her sister-in-law showed her. While she was describing it to me I wasn't really interested but when I got the app for myself it became a love/hate addiction! I can spend hours on Pinterest if I'm not watching it. Hours!


I have had quite a few Pin-fails, like making cookie bowls by turning a cupcake pan upside down. Yeah, no! We just had one big lumpy cookie. Or maybe that time pinterest told me I could curl my hair by wrapping it and letting it dry in a headband. Yeah the curls would have been perfect if I was trying to achieve the look of a poodle. Tate has heard this a time or two...


But then, Pinterest has been really good to me. Completing a pin feels so good, right?



Like in Brylee's bedroom. When we moved to McAllen I started a board of things I wanted to do for her big girl room. I love how her room is turning out.



We did a few pins from that already. Like this dress-up wardrobe that my mom made. Isn't it fantastic?!



And this B. I saw multiple ones I liked and combined them to make my own.



Where would we be fashion wise without pinterest? Thanks to crazy Texas weather I'm starting to look at my Spring/Summer board but I'm keeping my Fall/Winter board close by!

Follow Leah's board Closet- Spring/Summer Fashion on Pinterest.

I've completed birthday parties with the help of Pinterest. I talked about Brylee's Gingerbread house party here and I'm currently helping my sister plan my nephew's 3rd birthday - I Dig Being 3! How cute is that?

Follow Leah's board Parties/Events on Pinterest.

I've always loved cooking but Pinterest has taken that to a whole new level! I have a ton of food boards. Here are some of my favorites:



Remember how I said I made a board for Brylee's bedroom when we moved, I also did the same for every room in the house. Currently we are working on our living room so I'm always on that board. I cannot wait for it to be complete.

Follow Leah's board New House- Living Room on Pinterest.

Or how about that time Tate left gum in his game day pants pocket and they got washed THE DAY BEFORE A GAME?? I took to pinterest and in my lovely "Good To Know" board I happened to have a solution to our sticky situation. Boil vinegar and scrub the effected area. You're welcome.

Follow Leah's board Good To Know on Pinterest.

 Those are just a few of my favorite things about pinterest. With the upcoming spring holidays you can start finding more pins for St Paddy's day, Easter, Spring fashion and spring food. Like I said, we are doing some home improvement stuff too so you'll see some of that as well. One of my next projects is to paint Brylee's bedroom furniture. Eeek!


This was fun!
I JUST LOVE PINTEREST!
Okay, I'm good now. :) I think I'll go pin some more fun things.


Check out my other Show and Tell Tuesday posts:
Reintroductions and Resolutions
Momfessionals




 photo 023121a3-c9ee-42b0-969c-2ef3846325a5_zps5i71ilkt.jpg

1 comment :

  1. All of your food boards made me hungry!!! I love Pinterest too, but sometimes I think I create a DIY project and then it fails completely. Sometimes I amaze myself though. Haha.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Get Polished